Had a really good time at the 7V event, but the condition of the site just made everything 10x more difficult. No access to 90% of the cabins, a long walk to Roskin made even longer by having to take a less-direct route on snow/ice-covered trails, and no fields made for an interesting event. Plus sarrciano
and I got to compare the bruises we each got from falling down the back stairs of the old tavern (in separate incidents). Am more than a bit worried for the Madrigal event.
I had a great time, though. I had a lot of fun roleplay stuff, some fantastic scenes, and got to participate in the Scarthan vote, which was possibly the most complicated political plot I have ever
seen on either side of larping. And the PCs completely blew it out of the water. It was awesome to watch.
- a rescue mod, including one moment where the stupid button of everyone in the room got pushed
- a quiet conversation on a moonlit path Friday night
- getting to introduce my new Grace advisor (I always like making up new characters), and I loved
some of the interactions I had with various students as her. Yay! It's nice to have a character that can just talk to people without having it be part of a plot.
- "Papa!" (and really most of that fight)
- coming back into town as Nim, both because of the fun roleplay and because of the double-takes I got from half the school
- the Scarthan vote. The tension in the air was palpable, and it wasn't all from the PC side. In case it wasn't obvious, by the time the vote actually happened, plot had mostly lost track of who was voting which way and who was going to make it and who wasn't, so how the vote was going to go was as much a surprise to us as to any PC. There were also a ton of fun little RP moments in that scene, like most of the Scarthan nobility getting upset when I mentioned an assassination attempt, some random guard getting drafted to be the Haliefex seat, Lio's explosion when Bettium's vote was made, a PC making it to the room just in time to show (not tell) an NPC that he was free to vote how he wanted, and the explosive exhalation that went through the room when the 9th 'no' vote was counted. And those were just the things I caught, I'm sure there were more that I missed. Just awesome.